Monday, October 27, 2014

Last day in Florence

It was our last day in Florence.  Anne and I went out to wander around and then find the Leather Market so I could buy a handbag. On the way we went past the The Basilica di Santa Croce (Basilica of the Holy Cross) that we had seen from up on the hill the evening before...


Old buildings lined the square of the church..



We then made our way to the Duomo...


Passing colourful Graffiti...



And an ancient door.  I'm wonder if that was a cat door at the bottom...
'

We met up with the others at the Duomo, and went in to see what it was like inside. I was quite disappointed, it was a lot plainer than I  had imagined...



Looking up in the Dome...


I bought a couple of handbags at the Leather markets.  I ended up getting the same one, one for myself and one for my mother, in different colours. We then went back over the river...



It was here that I realised I wasn't 100% and holding up everyone because I was so slow. So I told Anne to go on with the others, and I went back to the hostel to finish packing and generally have a bit of a rest.


I later met Anne for an Icecream, and we got our luggage, and made our way back to the train station to get a bus to the airport and flew back to Amsterdam..  


No comments: