Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Blonde Moment

Yep - even though I dye my hair brunette, I'm still having blonde moments. It's a worry. My latest one involves food.

I'm on a diet at the moment - trying to shift the Christmas and pre Christmas tyre that one manages to put on every year. I've decided that there will be no Christmas food or drink in 2010. Lettuce and water only.

Anyway - I'm doing the Optifast diet plan. It's a replacement meal plan, but I am only replacing two meals a day (Breakfast and lunch). Meals come in 3 different forms, a shake, a bar, or some soup. I have all three to divvy it up a bit so I don't get bored, however, being summer I'm finding the soup a bit 'hot' to have.

As I'm sort of travelling also, I take all the sachets/bars out of the boxes and put them in one bag as room is at a premium.



I like the vanilla shakes at breakfast. To make them up, I add two teaspoons of instant coffee to the water (iced), then add the sachet powder. Shake it all up and I get a nice vanilla coffee for breakfast. It's quite a nice start to the day and you don't get hungry on it, providing you keep drinking water, or tea throughout the morning. You can buy coffee flavoured shakes, but they only come in packs of eight, and when you buy in packs of 21, it's much much cheaper. So this is why I do it this way.



Above is what the sachet looks like - quite plain.

Anyway - the other morning, I got up half asleep, grabbed the pack of vanilla shake. Went out to the kitchen. Added iced water to the shaker, added two tsps of coffee to the water, then added the vanilla sachet. Shook it alllllllll up. Poured it out. It looked fine.

Sip

Hmmmmmm it really doesn't taste right today but my brain couldn't register what was wrong. Perhaps it's different because I went out for dinner the night before and had pavlova, and now my taste buds are all up the wonk? So I tried it again

A Big mouthful that time! Ewwwwww, this really wasn't good, but finally my brain registered what it was...

It was this...



In my half awake state, I had grabbed the packet without looking at what I had grabbed!

Iced chicken soup with coffee? I wouldn't recommend it - ever!

But if it's any consolation - the packets do look similar.. Here they are side by side...



Oh, and I tipped it out and started again!!!

7 comments:

Dan said...

Busted out laughing at that one! Just too dang funny...

Anonymous said...

So you're racing off to try it?? lol

Morgan said...

OK - well in this case I think the chemist SHOULD be asking to see your drivers licence before issuing you with boxes of any flavour....

Anonymous said...

Lol - drivers license? Maybe they should just not sell to blondes in disguise?

henry kisor said...

It's just easier and cheaper to eat small portions. I lost 30 pounds that way.

And, yes, I yearn for a thick steak every damn day of the year.

kim said...

haha! That's so funny! Chicken flavored coffee! Good luck with the dieting. I'm trying to lose weight the old fashioned way--exercise.

Anonymous said...

Henry & Kim,

This diet is working though - have lost 5kg since boxing day (26 Dec). that's 5 x 2.2 = 'x' pounds!

It's actually been good as a). i have a very sprained ankle and cannot exercise at the moment, and b). because I'm travelling and staying with people, it's made it easier for them.

You'll be seeing a lot 'less' of me in the future :)

Cheers

Robynm