Thursday, January 14, 2010

New House - week 4, 5, 6 and 7

It's been a while since I updated my blog with the new house. I've been really busy and also away. I got new pics of the house from the builder 2 days ago so I thought I better update everything this morning so you can all see where it's at...

Week 4:

Back before Xmas week four saw the windows and doors put in, and the roof starting to go on. The house was completely wrapped in building paper (no red bow though!!)







Week 5:
Saw the roof tiles actually start to take shape. This is a photo courtesy of a neighbour :)



Week 6:
Saw the roof finished and the bricks half way up the wall...



It's starting to look like a house ;)



And the one with roof and bricks complete from my neighbour ...



Week 7:

These pics I just received two days ago. The house is complete outside except for the paths and G J gardners are now working on the inside. The gib board is up and has all been stopped and I believe the painters will be in soon, and finished by the 25th January. I then get a move in date. Even better, G J's went back a week early after Christmas which is brilliant for me in terms of a move in date so it's getting exciting...



This is the back of the house - I will be putting a patio in there for an outside bbq area. But see that big mound of dirt - I have to move all that myself for landscaping etc.... Lovely - especially with my ankle !



And finally one image of the inside - of the garage and where the laundry is going to be.



Won't be long now :)

2 comments:

kristi.guillory said...

http://kristifaye.blogspot.com/

If you could say a little prayer for me and pass my name along that would be wonderful :) And by the way, congratulations on the house! How awesome to see the stages through pictures!

Linda said...

Hi Robyn, I haven't seen you on Messenger, is everything ok, just wondering if your still talking to me or not, can you send me an email to let me know. I won't be offended if you have decided you don't want to have anything to do with me. If I don't hear from you I wish you all the best with your move to Blenheim. Linda