Saturday, November 7, 2009

Robyn Carter - In Concert!

I have been partaking in some Cochlear Implant research in conjunction with Auckland University. The research is being done to find out if people with Cochlear Implants can learn to sing in tune. So far I've had two singing lessons and I'm really enjoying it.

I have been encouraged by the researcher, that I can sing in tune, and that I have a good quality voice for someone who hasn't done any formal training. I have been given tips to increase my range and to practise to learn to sing in tune. I do need a keyboard so I can practise singing the notes back, but as yet haven't been able to find one.

Anyway - down on the farm, in the middle of nowhere, I found I had a very very appreciative audience, so last night, I gave this appreciative audience a concert - and this is the result....

They heard me.....



So they came closer - they must have liked the sound...



Some were rude at first - turning their backs. They obviously didn't like the song.



So I changed song to something more cheerful and jaunty and wow - I had their attention...



Just to show you I had the whole herd in my hand, hearing me sing....



I could get used to this - I must ask for some moolah next time. Looks like I had a standing ovation too....



Encore...



Encore.... Encore....



I might go on tour!!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

This is why I love cows. They are so curious. Wish I had been there. They would have been attracted to my hysterical giggling as well I am sure! The two of us would have made quite a concert!

Anonymous said...

Robyn, You remind me of Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. I was expecting the cows to try and sing in harmony with you ... maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Larry

PinkLAM said...

Too funny! I can't sing a note to save my life, but I don't think you can blame that on my deafness/CI's!