Saturday, February 28, 2009

Finally - The Legal Opinion

ACC sought a legal opinion from Bruce Corkill QC based on Phil Birds report. QC stands for Queen's Counsel - so as far as legal matters are concerned in New Zealand - that's pretty high up. Again I've had to upload them as images. If you need to make your screen bigger so you can read it, you can hold down ctrl and press the + key several times, or you can just double click on a portion of the text which will open them up so you can read it on a bigger but separate screen.








Based on this information - although I think there are a few thigs that aren't correct in these documents, I don't think I have a leg to stand on fighting it, as it boils down to scar tissue pulling the electrodes out.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Robyn, this is so unfair. I'm not seeing where the second doctor assigns the scar tissue to injury. I can't help but think of it in terms of my left implant which was no doubt due to an injury - a direct blow to my implant. I can't imagine if you had an injury severe enough to cause scar tissue that you wouldn't know it. Ridiculous! I've had some very odd complications also, but just because something is rare doesn't make it any less real. From the denial it seems like they just want
you out of their hair.

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
I'm sooooooooooo sorry! I was certain they would approve it. (sigh) I'm just sickened hearing this. (((((((HUGS)))))) I wish I could be there for you.

Liz said...

Oh MY. This is "legalese" at its very worst. What a bunch of idiots. So glad to learn (now) that you have a re-implantation date, and these buzzards have not "won." This certainly illuminates your joy and delight at having a surgery date to look forward to!